It's been one hellacious week, I can tell yah! First, I went to get my car inspected and the cute inspector guy comes out to the reception area to say "Wendy, I'm sorry, but I can't pass your car." I'm thinking "why not" nothing seemed wrong with it. Well it was a big thing! A "broken strut coil" A what? And where is it found? SP, needless to say I took my "turn away document" NO rejection sticker for this girl! The document helps one avoid getting a ticket for an expired sticker. I got the car fixed. This years inspection sticker cost me $269.00. That's a lot of yarn, folks! The real hell of the week is the pulled muscle in my neck that extended down to my scapula and made me keep my neck cocked to the left to relieve the pain. Then 2 days after that started I got a grand case of tendonitis on my right elbow! By Thursday, I was wishing humans were put together like snap on toys, so I could unstrap that section of my body and put it aside, until it decided to behave. It's Sunday and the first day I feel human again!! Of course, this would be the week my M.D. would be out of town! I finally got hold of the office's nurse practitioner, who was really helpful and why I feel better today! I've been in a knitting mood and really want to knit, but not yet. I tried to do a little on Friday and boy was I sorry! So. I resting a few more days!
I'm doing my second SP. I really enjoyed the first one and had a great secret pal! So, I'm ready for more fun!
Greetings new secret pal (I don't know who she is yet, but should today)
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like all kinds of sock yarn, wool and wool blends, hand-dyed/hand-painted, and bamboo. I don't like or use fun fur,chunky yarns,novelty yarns, or acrylic. As I've knitted more and more I like the way certain yarns look and drape. So, I'm more choosy about yarns now.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My needles are usually kept in a drawer.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've known how to knit since I was a little girl (my grandmother taught me). I've been obsessively knitting for about 3 years now (LOL). I think I'm an advanced knitter now.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes! It's on Amazon.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)I like fresh scents and citrus scents like grapefruit, light floral, and some spicy scents. I don't like vanilla,lilac or rose scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? You won't believe this, but I don't like candy or chocolate!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Mostly, I love knitting and learning new techniques. I would like to learn how to spin, but I don't now.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. Country is probably the only music I don't listen to. I'm a classical guitarist, so I do love classical music, some rap, alternative rock, and Jazz. I'm a Tori Amos fan and recently heard Leona Naess, so I can't wait for her next CD. I'll basically try anything, so bring it on!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love fall colors and shades of pink (mauve,rose). I think the only color I don't like is bright yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm single and have two very spoiled cats !
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear all except ponchos. I'm highly allergic to ponchos. They make me run, screaming from the vicinity. (LOL).
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love knitting socks. I also make sweaters, scarves, and lace knitting.
13. What are you knitting right now? Beadwork- a sweater, socks to be felted into slippers, and starting a dragon shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like all types, except plastic because there's too much drag on the yarn. I just got my first pair of addi turbos. I'm excited to use them after all I've heard. Generally, I just use what works!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes. I love em!
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 4 months old. I've actually caught up on all projects!
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween (It's because fall is my favorite season and Halloween is part of fun memories of Autumn!)
19. Is there anything that you collect? Knitting books, yarn (of course!), and decorative knitting needles.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Current books are on my Amazon wish list. I subscribe to Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits, and Knit Simple.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I would like to learn magic loop or knitting two socks on circular needles and spinning. I'm really open to learning anything new!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Absolutely! I have size 9.5 foot.
23. When is your birthday? March 20th
I started this post yesterday and finished it this A.M. Damn tendonitis! Anyway hope to have a more interest post next time.