5.05.2006

Hi Secret Pal!

Wow, answering this questionnaire makes Secret Pal 8 real. Here's my info secret pal!


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like sock yarns, Marino wool, cotton, & bamboo. I'm really open to using a variety of yarns. The only yarns I don't like are novelty yarns and redheart brand yarn. Otherwise, my addiction allows for most anything!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I store them in a vase and a knitting bag that hangs in my closet. On occasion I've been known to store them in my hair!

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for 5 years. I'm intermediate level.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, Amazon.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
citrus,light floral, clean scents (cotton/linen), and ginger. I don't like lavender, rose, or vanilla scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I don't have a major sweet tooth, but I'm crazy about Swedish fish and mounds bars (anything coconut & chocolate).

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?Crocheting, beading, and drawing. I don't spin, but I'd like to someday!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My music choices are very eclectic. Anything from classical guitar (I play!) to alternative rock. I really love music, so I'm always open to hearing something new (that's right...Another addiction!). My computer can play MP3's.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love autumn/fall colors,rose/mauve,sea green/blues.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a boyfriend and 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear all ofthe above except ponchos. I'm highly allergic to anything poncho or poncho related!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters (all types), socks (always a pair on the needles, scarves, and always looking to branch out. I'd like to make some felted bags. (I'm probably the last person on the planet to do so!).

13. What are you knitting right now?
Cardi with suede yarn (bolero style), socks, and a summer crochet bag.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I don't have a preference. I like working with all kinds of needles. I do prefer smaller needs 0 -9's I've never knitted with gargantuan size needles!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, but I plan to own both at some point!

17. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me when I was 11 or 12. I made a million granny squares! I started up again 2 years ago and have no plans to ever stop!!!

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months old.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween!

20. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect knitting books,needles with decorative tops, and cat stuff.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
The book, socks, socks, sock. I subscribe to vogue knitting, knit simple, and creative knitting.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yep, fair isle, lace, and Nordic knitting.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
YES! I'm a 9.5 shoe

24. When is your birthday? (mm/d)

March 20th.

No comments: