3.14.2006

Stitch Marker Mania!


I had so much fun making these stitch markers! As can be seen in the picture, I couldn't stop, and I want to make more!!! They will definitely include colors other than this month's project spectrum "red and pink". They were really easy to make after learning how to do it. I'm already planning and scheming for next month's colors. I went the lollyknitting blog to see what others are doing. You're all so talented! Awesome projects!


In other knitting news... I actually have a picture of the first knitted sock, promised eons ago ! It's mate is 50% done. The Harry potter scarf has grown 5 more inches. Last night was week 3 of a knitting class I'm taking. It's finally getting really interesting and fun for us intermediate knitter's in the class. She's started teaching us various finishing techniques. Her philosophy is: "The way a garment is finished can mean the difference between handmade and homemade." She brought her album into class. She is an unbelievable knitter. It was fun the first couple of weeks watching the new knitter's get excited about their new found abilities. Of course this occurred with much sighing, cursing, and "I'll never get this" or "I'm throwing this yarn/needles out the window!" She has nooooooo problem making people frog a project. My initial dilemma was yarn for my project because of the stash-along. But, I pulled out my stash bucket (enough yarn for a whole class) and decided to use the spice color lionbrand suede. It was yarn I bought when I went by look and feel alone (8-) )! I found a project for the number of skeins I have, so now I have a fourth project and slightly smaller stash (lol)!
That's it for now. Have a good week and get knitting!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, you're going to have several lifetime's supply of stitch markers at this rate! They look great, as does your sock. :)

Ginger said...

Very cool stitch markers! Now you have gifts on hand for you knitting friends.

Jen (pieKnits) said...

The stitch markers are beautiful. I like the ones with the little faces. :)

Kim said...

I love the stitch markers--if you do that for every month of project spectrum you will have quite a collection! Just passing through on my final Stashalong patrol--thanks for playing along; it's been fun getting to know you!