3.05.2006

Project Spectrum...Decisions, decisions!


I've been thinking about what I want to do for project spectrum this month. I wanted to knit something because I have both pink and red yarn in my stash. I must have had an "I can't get enough red attack" because I have a lot of red yarn,with textures from cotton to Mohair! I even have 3 balls of cotton yarn that has dark red, with little flecks of pink. I don't think it's all cotton, because it's got a little sheen to it and its very soft. However, I already have 3 projects on needles, two to knit and one to crochet. The exceedingly long and neglected Harry Potter scarf has red in it, so I will continue to work on that. My one sock is on it's way to being a pair and I can't wait to finish them because, I already have another sock pattern I'm itching to start! I'm very proud of my first sock. I can't believe I did it with little difficulty. (I'm sure there will be future sock challenges!). I'm also excited about finishing the cotton crochet bag. The pattern doesn't require a lining, but I'm going to line it with a perfectly matching material...Can't wait to share photo. So, with all that needs to be finished by the end of march (my goal)...What to do? Stitch markers, of course!

Again, I'm the last on the bandwagon (laugh..Different drummer thing!)! It's okay though because I'm benefiting from others experience! I found a great and simple tutorial by Michael at http://www.wormspit.cp,/stitchmarkers.htm Sounds squeamish, huh? But it a great tutorial with pictures and his site is all about silkworms and silk. It's really interesting. I also found out how to make stitch marker charms on http://knitpowerstopeace.blogspot.com/2005/01photo-stitch- marker-tutorial.html (sorry for not using the link button on blogger, It's not working for me,grrh).
I will be using this month's spectrum colors, so look for photos. My program for getting photos from my camera was not cooperating, thus there is still no sock photo!! There will be one for the next posting!!
Enjoy your day. It's a sunny one here in MA. And...Get knitting!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, fun idea for Project Spectrum! Looking forward to seeing your stitch markers. :)

Kim said...

have fun with all your projects--stitch markers are so much fun to make! Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

Kim said...

Wendy--I got that hat pattern from www.sheeweknits.com--it's free! You should try one--they are lots of fun and not as hard as you would think--it's great stranded knitting practice! Have fun with Project Spectrum--I'm working on a top down raglan for my red project :)

iSeL said...

Thank you for the nice comment! :D

Oh and thank you also for the link to the markers. I've made markers before, but using a different ring, etc. I've been wanting to make them this way, btut was too lazy to look it up.

Can't wait to see yours!

Anonymous said...

switzerland maharishi inject wandering clause talking xfbr thursday ululul utensils greene
lolikneri havaqatsu