11.19.2006

I've come to the conclusion ...


that I need to find a new job. If you want to skip this part and go to the knitting feel free. I just needed to get these thought out of my head, where they've been intruding all weekend. I work as a therapist and really enjoy what I do. However, I don't like where I'm doing it. There have been many changes where I work over the last few years and not many of them are positive. Some things have happened at work this week that have made me see clearly that I have to make a change. My body has been telling me for I while(headaches, body aches,stress eating,insomnia), I just haven't been listening. I thought that because I like what I do and the people I see, that I could just ignore everything else, but I can't anymore. So, I've starting updating my resume and beginning the search for a new job. I'm being vague on some details for now...never know who reads these things. It's been a lousy weekend because I can't let it go. Hopefully I'll start feeling better about things, now that I've made the decision to leave. Thanks for listening. I'm so glad I have knitting... I don't want this post to be a total downer, so here's some knitting:
I finished the Ballband Dishcloth from Mason*Dixon Knitting . It was a fun knit and fast. The pattern was really easy to remember after a couple of repeats. It's cool how it all comes together. At first I couldn't picture how the vertical stitches were done, but it's clever and simple at the same time. Here is a close-up of the pattern and colors:
I'll be making more of these in the future! Completing this dishcloth put me contention for the grand prize of stash enhancement, courtesy of Patty our Secret Pal 9 hostess. She is keeping SP9 fun and exciting by have contests. In other knitting news, I actually have nothing to finish, this is sinful. However, I'm correcting the situation immediately by starting the Beadwork sweater by Alice Starmore. I had been putting it off to finish other projects, so Let the knitting beginning. Lest you think I'm slacking, I do have other projects in mind. They're just not on the needles!

4 comments:

HibiscuitsGirl said...

Good for you! That decision to leave is the hardest. You have to listen to your body, though. I've been in jobs like that, and NO job is worth your upsetting your health and emotional state over. And maybe your exit will send a signal to the folks at your workplace that all is not well and they should fix it before they lose more awesome people like you!

Love the color of the dishcloth!

Anonymous said...

The dishcloth looks great! I need to get mine posted! Ooops. What type of therapy do you do? I'm a psychotherapist (While before kids...now I am just psycho!)

Your SP

Chris said...

I applaud your bravery!! It isn't easy to make such a big change.

I'm glad you have knitting to ground you while all this is going on.

Diane said...

Once you make the decission it's easy to leave. Hope you find a job that's a better fit for you.